Wild Boar & Spicy Bean Stew
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 wild boar sausages or any other good quality sausage
- 4 streaky bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2x400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2x300g cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1x300g can kidney beans, drained
- a dash or two of red wine
- 300ml (10fl oz) water
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a large heavy saucepan.
2. Add the sausages and fry over a medium heat turning so they are brown all over.
3. Remove sausages and set aside.
4. Lower heat and gently fry the onions and bacon for about 10 minutes.
5. Chop the sausages into pieces of about 4cm.
6. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for another couple of minutes.
7. Add the sugar, tomatoes, wine and water.
8. Stir in the sausage pieces and beans and cook for 15 – 20 minutes on a low heat.
9. Season and stir in the parsley before serving.